I am not going to go on a philosophical rant here, but these three things, for anyone wanting to learn and master anything are essential to making it possible.
The 3 Essentials for Learning and Mastering Hypnosis are:
- Practice what you Learn
- Ask Questions and Get Feedback
- Never, Never Give Up!
Now, you may be thinking that this is quite obvious so why am I even bothering to tell you this?
Because it is only obvious because you now know it. To what level are you actively living these three essential principles?
You are here, reading this article, wanting to know more, learn more and constantly become a better hypnotist.
But what are you doing to make that happen now? What are you actively doing to make sure you reach your goal?
As you would notice, these three essentials fit more than just the hypnosis world. It can be actively applied and lived practically in every aspect of your life with which you wish to be successful in.
Practice what you learn
This is the first rule for a reason, the only way you can become a hypnotist is if you DO hypnosis. Simple.
There are many free hypnosis lessons here on the IAYH and everywhere on the web if you know where to look. You can have the greatest theoretical knowledge of hypnosis that is in existence, but If you have not hypnotized anyone you are not a hypnotist.
Practice. Practice. Practice.
There is no such thing as confidence so there is no reason not to just go out there and do it. Obviously with something like hypnosis you have to have the foundational knowledge of safety and ethics before you go about attempting to hypnotize people, not to mention the maturity needed to interact with other people at this level.
I have written an post about how I became a hypnotist and shared with you there the difficulties I encountered and how the first induction is for some. Take the advice I gave there, and learn till you feel you know what to do, envision doing it, have your intent, and then do it, there is no easier way.
Ask Questions and Get Feedback
I just recently wrote an article on how failure does not exist and how everything is just one step to success if you get feedback from it.
Asking Questions and Getting feedback is the best thing I ever did!
When I started hypnosis, I failed more than I succeeded, in fact for a good amount of time, “failing” was all I did.
But I video recorded my failures, I posted them, I asked questions from the masters to critique them, I got feedback and I listened, Learned and Implemented the suggestions which allowed me to move closer and closer to success, and learn from myself all the ways not to hypnotize, leaving me with the best ways that do. Failure is good, it allows you to gain the feedback needed to succeed.
When I have a new theory, I practice it, I fail or succeed, either way, I make sure I get feedback, This increases my success and eliminates my failure and is by far the greatest way to become a great hypnotist.
Never, Never Give Up!
If you follow step one and practice. You will fail, you will fail a lot (if you don’t fail you are not doing anything). When one fails, they often have a strong urge to think that this is not for them, they want to give up, they feel embarrassed or sometimes try to justify why they failed and they are just not capable.
Do not move in that direction. Understand that failure does not exist. All “Failure” is awesome “Feedback” designed to make you a greater hypnotist (and person). So, Never, Never Back down and never give up. Being and becoming a hypnotist is one of the most amazing and greatest things you can do. Understanding how the mind works, even just for yourself, changes the way you see and interact with the world.
Here is the formula to your success:
Learn and Practice, Ask Questions and Get Feedback and Never Give Up!
Here are some secrets you may not have known about me:
- I learned everything I could on hypnosis and spent months contemplating doing something about it
- I was afraid to do my first induction and kept making excuses not to try
- My first 9 attempts at hypnosis FAILED… I did it, I tried, and nothing seemed to happen
- I thought hypnosis was not for me, I began to think it was a myth, I almost gave up!
Then, before I was totally gone from the Hypnosis World:
- My Physics and Maths Tutor asked me about my Hobbies and I mentioned Hypnosis, He asked to be Hypnotized.
- I thought to myself that, why not? Before I give up, let me give it a shot. Lets Do it!
- I had my first success. I posted it online. I got critiqued. I Gained Feedback. I implemented that feedback.
- I did it again, used my feedback and got better, and I kept this Cycle going.
- I practiced, requested feedback, practiced, got better, and this went on.
- 2 Months After my first Induction I celebrated having hypnotized my 100th person.
- 2 Months After my first induction the IAYH (back then the IATH) was born.
- 3 years Later… I have Hypnotized Thousands of people and Train people around the world.
Will you follow and Live these 3 Essentials to success? Or will you just give up?
Success is in your hands, not anyone else, you choose the Success you wish to be.